User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems using the ~ActiveApp/[DialogBox]

Hi All,

I am working on Windows NT sp 4 with SilkTest 5.5 sp1. I am working on a client/server application developed using VB 6.

I have a number of dialogs that appear in different parts of the application. These dialogs have the same caption (Find Party) but have different parents. So I have seen mentioned here that "~ActiveApp/[DialogBox]Find Party" should help remove the problem of the parentage of the dialog. This seemed to work fine for me. I used the Record/Class to ensure that the Find Party was seen correctly. In all cases the dialog was seen as FindParty which is what I wanted.

However, when I recorded a simple testcase to ensure that this worked I had a problem. The FindParty was not recognised. I have done a quick search here to see if anyone else had encountered this problem and indeed other people have seen this problem. Has anyone found away around this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems using the ~ActiveApp/[DialogBox]

Does it work if you don't use Record TestCase? Try writing a simple testcase that makes this dialog appear and then close it with FindParty.Close() or FindParty.OK.Click(). I'd be interested to know if the problem was just with the Recorder.

------------------
    Tom
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does "Find Party" exist anywhere else in the declarations - like in a menuitem tag? I've found that ~ActiveApp isn't trustworthy in these cases.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies - to answer the questions:

I have written a quick script without the recorder and the dialog is still not being seen. Basically it gets to FindParty.SetActive () and then fails. The error is that FindParty is not found ?

There are no other entries for Find Party anywhere else in the declarations.

Cheers,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other thoughts-

Maybe its a timing issue? Does the dialog take a few seconds to appear? If you think this might be it, look at your Agent Options.

Try to figure what SilkTest thinks it is at the time that the test fails. Try listprint(mainwin.GetCloseWindows()) or print(mainwin.GetActive()) to see what the window is being recognized as...

------------------
    Tom
    Tom