User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi Application states

Hai all!
    Can we test Web application & Standalone application(Swingbased)simultaneously from a single machine..(Agent running on Host only)..how do we handle the above situation?? i belive recovery system supports supports only one application when running from single machine....

Can we have two Frame files which maps to recovey system in the above scenario????

hope u r clear with my question...

dhanunjay

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Multi Application states

More detail of your configuration may help, if agent is only on host then you are driving just 1 machine, correct? Option sets allow you to specify which frame will be loaded so if you can coordinate your calls between the web and Win apps then you can switch between them. The recovery system will switch appropriatly.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe that this is supported with Silk's existing Frame structure for a single PC. You might check the "Multi-Application Testing" chapter in the User's Guide.

I commonly drive 3-4 and occasionally up to 10 applications at a time but not with frames which I abandoned long ago in favor of taking control with my own start up and recovery routines. Unless someone has an alternative,
    you may have to do the same.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hai millar! Nice to see u r response..could u plz send me the routunes u r having for recovery and startup...

regards
    dhanunjay

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hai ljagelsk! thx for u r response..can u give some clear picture abt option sets and their usage in Scripts...
    regards

dhanunjay

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be similar to the reference John J makes I think. Silktest needs to know about the application under test, AUT, and the frame file is used to tell Silktest about your app. If there are 2 apps this can be a problem, particularly with the difference between Web recovery and Win32. In order to switch you need to take control of this, my way is to run from command line in a .bat file. Pass the .t for the first app and have it close when done, next line is .t for other app. Don't specify frame in options\runtime, a use stmt in the .t tells silktest which one it needs. HTH -Len

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hai ljagelsk!
    the pblm in that i want to automate entire process without manual intervention...once u execute that should take care of everything..is there any way to load optionfile(.opt) dynamically??

dhanunjay

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

This can done I am sure. There is an article written in the February editon of segue@work about the use of options sets. This article is written by Kelly Adams and is an excellent article. I think this will describe a solution to your problem.

Cheers,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The option set is specified in the partner.ini. For switching on the command line you can override the .ini setting from the command line with the -opt switch. See help for command line switches. I also use -q for partner.exe to exit when the script is completed allowing the next command to restart with the proper settings. -Len

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I know it. I will teach you...

------------------

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.