SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using Close() but a dialog pops up.

i am working with an app. that when you close it gives you a confirmation dialog with three choices - Yes No Cancel.

now, i want to verify the functionality of three choices. whether i select yes, no or cancel. but the problem is, Close() method doesn't handle confirmation dialogs pretty well.

any ideas on how i can work around this? thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: using Close() but a dialog pops up.

Easiest way to verify the functionality of the three different buttons on your confirmation box, is not to call the Close() method at all. Trying calling any of the following:
    These will all cause your window to start closing, and then you will have your confirmation dialogbox, at which point you can choose what to do with it.

The Close() method is a fairly clumsy tool when it comes to confirmation dialogboxes in my opinion, but it is fairly easy to code something more precise for a particular window you want to test.

------------------

[This message has been edited by vincebowdren (edited 05-20-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also define your own close method within your declaration to handle confirmation dialogs better. You could add a parameter to pass to select what every confirmation you want to use. For example:

Close(STRING Confirmation optional)
    {
    if (Confirmation == NULL)
    Confirmation = "No";
    MainWin.SysMenu.CloseBox.Click();
    if (ConfirmationDialog.Exists(5))
    ConfirmationDialog.@Confirmation.Click()
    }

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Newbie27,

You've posted at least 50 topics already so may want to change your name now to "Average27" or "Intermediate27" or "Rookie27"

I used Close() method all the time and have no problem with it. Just make sure you check the data you have in the Agent Options dialog (Close tab). From the Options menu of SilkTest, select Agent... menu item and go to the Close tab and add the necessary buttons, menus, keystrokes, etc. in there and enjoy testing!

------------------