SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Comments/additional info on SilkPlan Pro?

Saw this article (below) today about the new SilkPlan Pro.
    Have you seen or tried it? How much is it?
    Any additional info/comments?

"Streamlines Automated Testing Process With Integrated Scheduling, Defect Tracking, Requirements Management, and Centralized Scripts Repository/Reports Generator

LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 13, 2002-- Further entrenching itself as the market's e-business reliability experts, Segue Software (NASDAQ-SCM: SEGU) today announced the availability of its enhanced automated test management solution: SilkPlan Pro. SilkPlan Pro now empowers both Quality Assurance (QA) testers and developers by streamlining and automating the application testing process through robust new features, such as: integrated defect tracking, unattended test execution, and a centralized scripts repository and sophisticated reports generator.

Segue's SilkPlan Pro is a premier automated test management product that spans the entire development lifecycle of a company's core enterprise applications -- from the earliest planning stages through test design, scheduling and execution phases. The solution is designed to help QA testers and developers create predictable outcomes for their projects, manage costs, provide more effective risk management and accelerate their products' time-to-market.

Core to SilkPlan Pro is SilkScheduler, enabling the unattended execution of various tests. With SilkScheduler, common constraints in the testing environment (such as time, people and machine availability) are now solved by automating the testing process -- enabling full tests to be executed with or without QA supervision. This allows for better automation of existing SilkTest and SilkPerformer test cases, as well as other third-party testing tools."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 05-14-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Comments/additional info on SilkPlan Pro?

I could not get any further info on this on Segue weeb site. May be we can their sales office to get more info.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I evaluated the first release of this product which didn't fit our needs. It has been improved since then and haven't re-evaluated since. If you search SilkPlan in this forum, you can read my comments.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks Tony. I read your comments but didn't see anything about that SilkScheduler that is supposed to be main core of SilkPlan Pro.
    Do you happen to know what the approximate price for this SilkPlan Pro?
    As mentioned in their Press Release yesterday, does SilkPlan Pro really works with SilkTest scripts plus other scripts from another 3rd party test tool?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scheduler had not been implemented and you could not run scripts from the product when I evaluated it.

I can't remember the price. I believe it was about 3k a seat but I could be wrong.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks again Tony!
    Say hello to Bruce and Steve (i heard he's back) for me.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkScheduler isn't part of the SilkPlan UI. It is a web application that is tightly integrated with SilkRadar Web and SilkVision. It is a web application that lets you schedule tests to be run on different machines. SilkScheduler it not your basic scheduler though. It also lets you view basic results and historical information about the tests that have run via the reporting and charting capabilities that it has.

Picture the scheduling capabilities that SilkRealizer had, but it done with a web interface and has reporting capabilities built into it. That would be the beginning of SilkScheduler. It looks slick and very much like the interfaces of SilkVision and SilkRadar (web) which scores points on the consistency category.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Gilbert! I've seen several of your postings but I didn't know that it was you.

James - Do you know if Silk Scheduler can be purchased stand alone?

------------------