SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP - GetCellValue returns [Ljava.lang.object;@23234

I though it could not get worse except now when I do GetCellValue() on a JTable it
    returns

[Ljava.lang.object@?????

where ???? is some numbers..

Anyone ever experence this or can anyone let me know what this means, or how I should go about getting the real cell value or the object which is used to populate the cell.

HELP
    PLEASE
    thanks
    Tim

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HELP - GetCellValue returns [Ljava.lang.object;@23234

We have been using this GetCellValue from JFCTable control and bever had a bad experience. Well I suppose you are recognizing the controls as JFC class. Let me know yr settings. We can debug from there. By the way output from GetCell function is string or anytype.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get something similar from the first column of the JFC table. This column contains a Row header text to the naked eye. The data returned is the internal working of java. Never did figure out how to get the text from the first column. I just went after the database that had that data.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a number of tables that return similar Java object references, usually for cells that have special, custom formatting. Your Java developers have added custom rendering code to the table.

See the suggestions I posted previously:
    http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/003319.html

Good Luck !

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help Rob.

I was hoping I could somehow get it to work using InvokeMethods or InvokeJava. Now I will have to talk to the developers to make some public methods which given the Row and Column will return the text displayed or the Object.. Which hopefully I can explain it good enough or its easy for them. I asked Segue about the problem and they wanted Sample code to figure it out.. Hopefully I can do it like you suggested..

Anymore insight will help greatly..

Thanks
    Tim

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RobKapteyn is correct (see the link).

What it looks like you have is a reference of some sort to the data. It is quite common is most applications where the developers are working with complicated structures. I have seen this several timer.
    Your going to need to write some custom code. In order to get the "field" of the structure your have. In other words, suppose that cell should contain a value of "customer name", say "Joe Smith". You will need to write (or ask your developers how to) some code that gets the customer name from the data structure pointer. It may be as simple as calling a method the devleopment already has (most likely since they are displaying it in the cell).

Dont be shy and just ask the developers!!!
    Good luck-
    Anthony

------------------