SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaugh! HTML Table problems...

I know Silk and HTML tables are not the best of friends, but there MUST be a better way to do this.

I have a number of tables/cells that are clickable. Some of them look like tables, while others look like "tabs" or "menus" etc.

The common element is that they are all in tables, and they all have what Silk sees as HtmlText. These cells are clickable and take the user to any number of predefined places.

The only way I can find to actually cause Silk to click these cells is to get a RECT on the HtmlText in the cell and click that.

Problem:
    The rect seems to be inaccurate.
    For example, I'll get the RECT and click it like this ...
    Seems like that ought to do it. It doesn't! In no case (about 10 so far) does this work. I have to do some hard coded hack like this:
    What's up with this?

Also, notice that the RECT was taken on the text in

EligibilitySearchPage.DependentListTable.MemberNam eColumn.HtmlText("#1")

But my click has to be relative to

EligibilitySearchPage

This is nuts!

Any thoughts?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Aaugh! HTML Table problems...

Just a shot in the dark. But how about a setfocus to the cell with a typekeys of <"Enter">?

No it's not a mouse click but you were really wanting to make sure the keyboard functionality was good too right? lol

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blacst,

Good thought, and I'm looking at all possible alternatives. This product is in such a mess that right now, shortcut keys and keyboard methods are not even in place. (Long story; maybe over coffee someday.
    I wanted to "tab" into it and hit Enter, but because of "the mess" I can't even do that.

However, on your excellent suggestion, since this is an HtmlTable HtmlColumn issue, SetFocus() is not a supported method. It's not inherited by those classes. Bummer!!

Still open to more ideas...

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> EligibilitySearchPage.Click(1, rTab.xPos, rTab.yPos)

Replace "?Pos" with "?Size/2" (where ? == "y" or "x") instead. That'll center the click.

If you can put up an operating example of just this page somewhere, we might be able to do more.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ,

You are quite right about the hierarchy of classes and the SetFocus. I was thinking of setting focus to the HtmlText that you were mentioning.

That does inherit SetFocus from the control class. Thought the right thing typed a different thing.

Might have to take you up on that coffee sometime.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you put the html page up so we can see what do you mean. Do you mean something inside the cell that you can click or the cell itself? I wonder what kind of weird table is that.

Did you try to increase borderless thing to 1.

[ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("ShowBorderlessTables",1,USEROPT_DEFAULT)

I tried this on visible tables and it shows different declaration if this is set to zero.
    Then again your app might react differently.
    You could change the code that write the page with some logic to name the cells. Then write a script that changes this code for you each time you install the app. That's what we do for some hard to do stuff.

This should not change the functionality of the app, obviously.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The site is a mixture of purchased 3rd party nightmare vaporware, and onsite development, and the pieces I'm fighting with are the 3rd party, so I don't have the option of making requests of their developers. The site, such as it is, is behind about 5 firewall layers until mid June (HA! if even then!!!) so it isn't accessible. It might be possible to zip a sample page and pump it up to this site if you really want to look at it.

I think at this point I may do a setFocus() on the text. That may work.

I have a question regarding John's suggestion. GetRect returns me the xPos and yPos as well as the Size as you mentioned. Are you saying I can use the size retrun a ? and it will center my click? If so, that's worthy of a shot!! See, this is why I love this forum. You learn something new on a regular basis!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa! I just re-read your post John, and of course! What you are saying makes perfect sense. I see you are cutting the size in half. I feel like such an idiot. I've done that before to get beyond a flash intro.

Thanks! Makes perfect sense.

------------------