User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to see custom controls on a Custom Canvas

I am using silk 5.0.3.1 to test a stand alone java application (jdk1.3.1_02). I have SilkTest_Java2.jar in my classpath and silk recognises the standard java controls.
    In our application we have a custom canvas and a set of custom controls in a gallaery. the user can drag any custom control from the gallery on the custom canvas and draw a flow diagram using custom controls like (nodes, data flow lines, control flow lines). silk recorder sees the canvas as AnyWin but cannot see anything on the canvas. I need to find out and verify the custom controls on the canvas.
    Is there a way silk can see the custom components on the custom canvas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to see custom controls on a Custom Canvas

On your Record menu, use Record Class. Check show all classes and show all methods checkboxes. Hover the mouse over the object type of the class you want to record. Ctrl-Alt it just like you do when recording declarations. Paste this recording into your include file. Uncheck the two previously checked checkboxes and close the record class dialog.

Now take declarations on the custom objects and Silk should be able to see them.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enabled the show all classes and show all methods in the recorder, and was able to record class for the Canvas which i put in the .inc file. the declaration for canvase looks like
    winclass ComMetaserverIdeTaskeditorTaskGraphCanvas : AnyWin

anywhere i move the mouse in the canvas including the custom components in canvas, the recorder shows it as ComMetaserverIdeTaskeditorTaskGraphCanvas.
    i am not able to see the custom components on the canvas(like the nodes). just to make it more clear, i am attaching a jpeg image of the canvas and the custom controls i want to verify.

[This message has been edited by mvaidya (edited 05-09-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i forgot to attach the jpeg. here it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing that there wasn't anything inside that winclass recording other than a tag. Is that right?

These kinds of problems are so frustrating, I know.

Things I would try:
    1. Talk to the developers about the relationship between the Canvas, and those nodes and workflow lines on/in the canvas.

2. Find out what methods are exposed in that ComMetaserverIdeTaskeditorTaskGraphCanvas class. It may have a method you can call to get and manipulate the objects it contains. Perhaps not... Development is understandably a little nervous about exposing things like that.

3. Find out if there are classes or Java packages specific to the nodes and workflow lines. If there are, there is a way you can force Silk to interrogate those classes. At the bottom of your javaex.ini file in the SilkTest/Extend directory is a [ClassList] section. If you place your java class here, Silk will interrogate that class. I've found this helpful in the past getting Silk to see Java classes that it would not otherwise see.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 05-10-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am attaching the canvas.inc file which has the ComMetaserverIdeTaskeditorTaskGraphCanvas's declaration. i am a new bee and don't know how to use the methods exposed in the declaration.

i talked to the developer and he told me that nodes, work flow lines and other custom controls have underlying classes. so can i add those classes with their packages in classlist section of the javaex.ini file, restart silk and get it working???? do i also need to add the base class from which these custom controls are derived to the classlist section??

thanks for ur help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm posting this as a placeholder so it shows up as a new message. I don't have time to formulate a useful reply right now, BUT after glancing at your include, you're in good shape! This will work for you. Silk is seeing the underlying methods and you can call those methods.

I'll post more later. Perhaps some of the other folks here would like to take this up. Bottom line? Don't sweat. You're in good shape.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a lot!!
    if i can automate this part, that would be great!!!! i can save a of time and effort which people would have to put otherwise doing it manually.

waiting for some one to send me the steps !!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJGray,

I will pick this up for you. Besides I just took the class, lets see if I can explain it properly.

I will post the instructions in the morning.

When I have the book and code in front of me.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Canvas.inc shows your custom class derives from anywin, so you need to add this to your frame so Silktest has access to the declarations, just copy/paste it in. Basically you anre going to need to try a lot of things to "see" what silk "sees". Keep in mind Get and Set methods - Get returns what is on the screen, Set updates the screen. for example this method from your class retuns an int:
    [ ] obj int getComponentCount ()
    make an int iObjCt, use it in a testcase:
    MyWin.iObjCt = getComponentCount ()
    print it out - print ("objct = {Str(iObjCt)}") - now you have the count of objects on the screen. This one looks like it returns obj name: [ ] obj String xgetName () alias "getName"
    Basically you'll have to try some out to find out what Silktest sees on your window. Good Luck. -Len

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast