SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invoke Windows Security Dialog

Does anyone know of a way to invoke the Windows Security Dialog via SilkTest? using Desktop.TypeKeys("<ctrl_alt-delete>") does not do it. My AUT will sporadically freeze and then only way to free it up is to ctrl-alt-del and then cancel the dialog.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invoke Windows Security Dialog

Hi Tony,

I have the same problem with my client\server application and I have also had problems calling the NT security window. I found this Process viewer which I use instead. It is available free from http://www.prcview.com. I can call this simply by using the start method and then killing the process. This has worked great for me.

Cheers,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried killing the process but the cursor still seems to be frozen and after relaunching the application, SilkTest is putting garbage characters into the textfields.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Security Dialog? You can start the "Local Security Policy" dialog by running mmc.exe.

If you instead mean the Task Manager to kill an errant process use this:
    Start("C:\winnt\system32\taskmgr.exe", "C:\winnt\system32\", "{this.WndTag}",1) ;

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmc runs the Microsoft Management Console. When you type Ctrl-Alt-Del, it brings up a 'Windows Security' dialog. Doing this seems to free up my freeze problem. When trying to type the Ctrl-Alt-Del via Silk, nothing happens. Killing a process is not an issue for me. I can do that. I just need to unfreeze my machine.

------------------