Thread: Testing Web

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing Web

Hey Guys,

I have this strange problem and I was wondering if anyone has ever come across it?

Problem:
    - I have made Window Declarations for a 3 pages, (calling them OC, OC_Logon and OC_CS)
    - Now, when I use the Record Windows Identifier, and I hover over certain items in my OC page, there are coming up with declarations from the OC_Logon and OC_CS pages?

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Thanks

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Testing Web

Try using only one file at a time in your USE FILE textfield under Option-> Runtime. Looks like some object may have similar tags or similar indexes may be causing it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KS: Do you mean to use a seperate file for every declaration that I create and then use only that one in the Use Field?

------------------

[This message has been edited by peeko (edited 05-07-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very often you will have pages with the same controls on different pages. You will find that the control identified is the first control silktest finds in the frame file that matches the Object/tagging combination for the page.

There are lots of ways to deal with this. First one is to consider combining the pages in the frame file to one window if they are nothing more that instances of a page that are rendered slightly different.

The other is to make sure that the tags and names of the objects are unique.

The third is to place the declarations of each page in different inc files but that does not always work.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant use one file only when you do recording of any sort just to get around until you make your tags unique.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, that helped a lot

------------------