User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to use \"Select\" function for HtmlPopuplist

Hi,

I have a problem to call "Select" method of Popup list objects. It doesn't work correctly, or doesn't work at all. Here is my case:

I am testing a web application with Silktest 5.3.0.2/IE 5.0 /Win98. There are more than two popuplist objects on one page. I used popuplist1.Select(1) to select the first item from the popup list. What happened was, when I ran the script, the Silk select the 1st item form the "2nd" popup list object instead of the 1st object which I intended to do in my script. The interesting thing is, if in my script, I tried to select the item from the 2nd popup list object. Nothing happened. But if I used other function, popuplist.SelText(),popuplist.GetContents() for instance, it works fine for both popup list objects.
    Does anyone have experienced this kind of problem before?

Thanks in advance,

SeanSF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to use \"Select\" function for HtmlPopuplist

One thing to look at is your tags. Make sure that they are really pointing to what you think they are pointing too. Multi tagging can get you into trouble that way.

The other thing is that Silktest had some problems with HtmlDropLists. You might try upgrading to 5.5 sp1 if you can.

Try recording the actions and see what it gives you back. That should be a dead give away as to the tagging issue.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if you can get the logical nameof the popuplist for sure u can do it. are u ising the ids of the control by any chance?

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sree:
    well if you can get the logical nameof the popuplist for sure u can do it. are u ising the ids of the control by any chance?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi sree,
    I have modified the logical names(identifiers)for these two popuplists in the inlcude file. And I am using "Select()" funtion for those two objects. I was able to get correct result by using "SelContents()","GetSelIndex()", my problem is I was unable to call "Select()" to select the item by index in my testcase. Any ideas?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks blacst, my script use multi tagging. But I am sure it points to the right identifiers. I will try 5.5 and see what happen.

------------------