User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Silk is not recognising Objects like Text fields in Frames

Hi!
    I am working with ASP, ASP Page contains 2 frames, silk is not recognising Text fields and buttons in that frames, it's only recognising HTMLHeading,

-amit

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help! Silk is not recognising Objects like Text fields in Frames

A little more info is needed to help you. What version of Silk are you using, What browser, Do you have a copy of the html page that you can send to us?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!
    Silk ver- 5.0.3, IE-5.5, ASP-2

Actually there is some release note about Frames which reads -"Working with Search or custom frames
    If you are testing Search frames or custom frames, you must have Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA). You can get this by downloading Microsoft's Redistribution Kit (RDK) from http://www.microsoft.com/enable/msaa/download.htm. Installing this software will cause your browser to behave differently and may affect your tests."

Is this the only solution?

-amit

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If silktest doesn't see objects that usually means that they do not have window handles. The kit may be your only option to open up the code for Silktests requests.

I have not worked much with ASP so I am not the difinitive authority on the subject. I would bow out to someone with more experience working with it.

Another option that you have available to you is "Type Keys" within the Frame Object to get your desired results. See what the keyboard will help you with and mimic it with silk test code. Don't forget the clipboard object. There can be some good use there as well. You can cut and paste text with this object.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although we aren't using ASP, I did log a bug with Segue against 5.0.3, 5.0.3.2, and the original 5.5 beta. I believe the bug was fixed by the time the 5.5 gold release came out. SilkTest was failing to recognize HTML objects within frames, specifically on IE 5.5. Installing MSAA did *not* fix the problem in my case, nor did installing NT SP6 or 6A. The issue was that Segue has trouble keeping up with the newest browser versions -- at that time IE 5.5 was new. If installing MSAA with NT SP6 or 6A does not fix your problem, you may need an upgrade. But again, I never tested this with Active Server Pages.
    AG

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defiantely give this a try with ST5.5 with SP1 or SP3 (due out soon) using IE5.5SP2. The object recognition is much better than 5.0x, especially with IE5.5.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx All,

Trying to fix the problem with newer version

-amit

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amitathawale:
    Hi!
    Silk ver- 5.0.3, IE-5.5, ASP-2

Actually there is some release note about Frames which reads -"Working with Search or custom frames
    If you are testing Search frames or custom frames, you must have Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA). You can get this by downloading Microsoft's Redistribution Kit (RDK) from http://www.microsoft.com/enable/msaa/download.htm. Installing this software will cause your browser to behave differently and may affect your tests."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm hopefully going to give this a shot for my similar problem.
    FYI, the new link is http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downlo...xml&frame=true

------------------
    -Josh
    -Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming that your frame is not a *secure* one. Even SilkTest 5.5 SP3 with the DOM extension won't handle that. Per Segue:

"The DOM extension does not record inside a secure frame. This means that if an Html page contains frames with security (for example, on a banking page), the DOM extension on IE 5.x will not be able to record the window declaration for the page because the secure site prevents DOM from getting any information."

--AG

------------------