User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been Certifed in Silktest!

I have taken and passed the Level One Certification. I have taken and am awaiting the results of Cert Level 2! Pretty sure I passed that as well.

The first test is a multi choice test. But, don't assume it is easy. I have been using the tool for many years and I was scratching my head on a few of the questions. You really have to know your stuff for this test. You can't bluff your way through it. They give you 2 or 3 hours to take it. I did it in 45 minutes.

I would recommend taking the courses that are offered before the test. If you are not intimately familiar with the whole tool.

Now for the Level two test. This was a prac app test. Unless you have either taken the Advanced OO and Custom Object courses or have used/understand every possible means to create classes, methods and ways to get at custom objects you will be doomed to failure.

The objective of the test is to create a complete set of testcases, plan file, opt file for a C/s app you have never seen before. They give you 4 hours to do it. You will need every minute.

As far as how I feel about the certification and what it means. I would hire anyone that has been certified and know that they really know their way around Silktest.

The classes (Advance OO and Testing Custom Objects) were great. Like I said before I have used silktest (Quality Works, 'to date me'.) for many years against both CS and Web applications. I found out a lot of new information during the classes that will be very helpful to me. The instructor was very knowledgeable and could really make you see where these ideas and methods could be used in the real world.

No, Segue is not paying me to say this, I am strictly a user that loves this tool.

If the classes and the test were not worth the money and time I would have told you that here too.

I will field questions, But I will not give you the test answers or specific techniques you need to know. That would not be fair to me. I had to suffer through it blind. I will answer questions that the instructor answered for me before I ever saw the tests.

Good luck if you plan to take the tests!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I have been Certifed in Silktest!

Hi blacst,
    Congrats for getting certified.
    What is the fees for Level 1 exam?
    I am also interested in clearing this exam.

------------------
    Manoj Jain
    (manojjain99@yahoo.com)
    Manoj Jain
    (manojjain99@yahoo.com)
    A highly advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The site for the certification program is http://www.segue.com/html/s_services...ing/s_sscp.asp

That should answer some of your questions.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to all of you. I find this difficult but I am determined to learn this regardless to how long it takes me. Any suggestions. I have taken the class but without any programming language, I find it difficult to understand but I am trying.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean. I also had no programming experience prior to 4Test. But it all makes sense now. The best way is to just play with different things. Try working with for loops, while loops, arrays. Create some custom classes, record types. Create some of your own custom functions. Use the debugger when you have problems with your functions. Read as much as you can. Before long you'll be a wiz.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations blacst!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Heidi Gilmore (edited 05-13-2002).]

BKD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations blacst for SCSTE!

I am planning to give this exam today evening
    Could you please give some hints on type of questions /answers/technics being asked in Sil test certification exam level2?

I really appriciate your help!

Thanks,
    BKD

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will apologize in advance if this sounds preachy. But there have been a couple threads that deal with the certification exams and the topics that are covered on them (one user even posted the section headings of the Level 2 exam). I think blacst is right in saying that he/she would not answer specific questions about the exams. Think about it. If everyone tells what is on the exam, then what is the value of your own SilkTest certification? You have just devalued your own worth by making the test less of an accomplishment.

The exams are challenging and those who pass should (justifiably) feel VERY proud of their knowledge! That is the goal - by obtaining certification, one can prove a documented level of expertise with our tools. This is a real advantage to you within your own company - you can help maximize the use of our products and ROI within the test automation function. Similarly when you go on job interviews, you have a distinction that sets you apart from the pool of job seekers.

Please think about this when you either post information or verbally tell someone what is on the exams...

Just my two cents.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrad!!! Does anyone know what the salary increase, if any, that would come with this certificate? If so, how much is the range?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would depend on what you and your employer could arrange. Typically the monetary benefit does not come from the current employer but the next one.

In this unstable job market. A person with the certification has a big leg up on the competition for a silktest job.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast