Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SILK test, failing to recognize some ComboBox

Hi everybody,

I have three comboboxes in a window.
    While recording silk test is not recognizing any of them.

I put the following code and found SILK test recognizes the first one (STATE selection = NORMAL).
    The remaining two(PROGRAM.PROFILE and UNPROGRAM.PROFILE)are not recognized eventhough the code is same.

The window identifiers correctly detect the same identifiers as shown in the code for each item.

Any clues ?

Thanks
    -------------

[ ] ConfigurationConsole.JavaJFCComboBox ("STATE").Select("NORMAL")
    [ ] sleep(2)
    [ ] ConfigurationConsole.JavaJFCComboBox ("PROGRAM.PROFILE").Select("1")
    [ ] ConfigurationConsole.JavaJFCComboBox ("UNPROGRAM.PROFILE").Select("2")

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SILK test, failing to recognize some ComboBox

I'm not into JFC at all but is it possible that the dots in the ComboBox names cause trouble? (Just an idea...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the exact error you are receiving? Are you getting a control not found type error or are you getting an item in the list not found type error?

I notice that for the PROGRAM.PROFILE and UNPROGRAM.PROFILE, you are selecting "1" and "2"? Is this what is actually in the list, or are you attempting to select the first and second items in the list. If you are attempting to select the first and second items, use an integer as the parameter and not a string.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drcbrandes and TonyM for your response.

I tried different combinations.
    The combinaiton "ProgramProfile" and "UnprogramProfile" seems to be working.
    the Values 1 and 2 were already in the list down box. Probaly the developers mapped it without the "dots".

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also am not sure exactly what you mean by "not recognized". You seem to have been able to capture the combox boxes with your recording, so that means that the ARE recognized.

I have had similar problems with Java combo boxes that have "dynamic" contents. The selection in the first box determines the selections available in the second box, etc.

Do a GetContents on the box and let us know what you see -- if yours is like mine it will be a bunch of Java object pointers (garbage with @ signs).

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI Rob Kapteyn,
    I think I confused you.
    I was not able to capture the combox boxes with my recording. I had to code the selections and it worked.

I am new to silk test and not familiar with "GetContents"

Can you please explain how to do it ?

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GetContents will return you a list of string that represents all the items in your combobox. Once you have that you can see exactly what is in the list and manipulate it as you see fit.

Look in the help topics under GetContents, or look in the Language Ref. It'll offer you code samples and a better explanation that what I've laid out here.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi DJGary,

I have a similar problem. One page of the web application contains several popuplists. I am able to use GetContents(), GetSelIndex(). They all return correct data in these popuplists. The problem is I was unable to use Select() to select item from the list. If I use popuplist1.Select(1), I see the 1st item in the 2nd popuplist, popuplist2, was selected.
    If I use text, for instance popuplist1.Select("text1"), I got item "text1" was not found. But "text1" is in the popuplist1.

Any ideas?

SeanSF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sean,

You Could try Typekeys ("Text1")

Cheers,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean,

It appears very much like the tagging is a bit askew on your popuplists.

I would do a few different things to verify this.

1) Do a "record testcase" or "record actions" and while recording, go mess with each of those popups and look at how Silk "sees" them.

2) Do a record Window Identifiers and hover the mouse over each of them and again, see what Silk sees.

3) Do a record Window Declarations and paste the new declaration right above the one you have. Expand the popup list declarations and compare what you have, with what you just got.

Clearly Silk knows those popups are there. It is just "numbering" them differently than you expect. If you have to you can manually edit the tagging on them to force Silk to use the one you want.

Also, allow for the fact that (if this is code under development) something may have changed causing Silk to see differently than it did when you first declared the page/screen. This is the beauty of the include file!!!! Edit once and all tests still run...

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 05-08-2002).]