User Tag List

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Test messes up on TAGs for DIV screens

My application currently began to use DIV screens with Overflow. What it means is when there is a lot of contents it generates an internal scroll bar which I can scroll and get the data bellow.
    Now my Silk Test is having a problem with that. It reads the tags correctly when the internal scroll bar is not moved, but once you scroll just a little bit, all of a sudden all the objects get the tags of the above objects. So it doesn't see the lower obejcts and assigns the tags of the upper ones (probably still thinking that the screen wasn't scrolled at all). Any help on this one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test messes up on TAGs for DIV screens

Alpha13,

You may have to re-record your Window Declarations more than once (to get all objects, hidden or not) in this case and may end up creating a parent window and a child window (that portion from the overflow that you are talking about). Sorry, no samples to give you so you'll have to play around with this.

------------------

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was afraid of that answer...and sadly even that is messed up. Reason being: It will define the entire object tag above it. So, if I have a check box it might look at it as HtmlText. Plus, I have a lot of screens which are non-static, and can get resized based on ammount of different data.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not familiar with the term "DIV screens with Overflow"

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a good quick page to explain it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/css2tests/overflow.html
    For our pages, it is set to: do overflow auto if the data exceeds the screen, otherwise overflow is hidden.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you using Window ID tags or Index tags ?

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really doesn't matter what tags since it will look at the object above it anyways. So if I have for example 2 text fields and I scroll a little bit down, the index for the second one will be #1 (because it looked at the object above it). And if it was HtmlText and the second one was HtmlPopupList, then scrolling a little bit will make Silk Test look at HtmlPopupList as HtmlText and all of the top objects attributes.
    I don't think there is any scripting way out of this, so I'll just start updating my Silk Test and IE and see what happenes. I just see no other way out unless someone heard of this problem before.
    Thanks for the help guys.

------------------