User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GetCellValue on JavaJFCTable, value getting truncated

Hello..
    When I call GetCellValue on a JavaJFCTable it returns the object which is displayed in the cell as a string or anytype.

EX. I have a cell with a value of 265545.0 showing in it and when I call GetCellValue it returns
    - Quantity[Volume[value=265546.0]expression =Q] - as a string which I can parse and get the value.

The problem I have is that it seems GetCellValue will only return a max of 1026 characters and the object that It returns is so big they are getting truncated and therefor I cannot get all the information. I have tried invokeMethods using getValueAt but they returns nothing half the time..

GetCellValue returns a value as ANYTYPE, maybe that is only 1023 characters.. or the GetCellValue is truncating it somehow

Any help would be great..
    Maybe I will need to have the developers create a public method to just return the shown value.?

Thanks
    Struggling Tim

------------------

[This message has been edited by tfaron (edited 05-01-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GetCellValue on JavaJFCTable, value getting truncated

FYI:
    After talking to Segue, I have learned that most SilkTest methods return a value of max 1023 characters, which was updated in 5.5?. It used to be 256.

Now I need to figure out how to make a java method or property to get the Cell value, hopefully I can have the dev. or write one that returns the value and not the object..

Has Anyone had to do this.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have been using the same method to get the val of a cell. As return type being anytype we are using stuff and val functions to get the correct value from the output. I did not quite understand yr question.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I can clearify some ... The problem Is that the max that number of characters that GetCellValue will return is 1023. The object that I need to get is bigger that 1023 characters so when I call GetCellValue the returned value is getting truncated. Segue said that the max for most of there methods is 1023 characters which was updated in 5.5?, it used to be 256.

So I am wondering if anyone has used InvokeJava to get a cell value before, maybe to returned a specific part of the object instead of the whole object value.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim, Maybe you can make your own method to return the contents. Can you copy the cell contents to the clipboard? Ctrl - A or Shift - End and Ctrl - C. Maybe you can access a native method - try record class on the window to see what properties/methods are returned.

------------------