User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SILK test, Slow in recordging

Or, it could be your network connection. Do you put your scripts on one of your Network drive?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are using Silk 5.5 SP2 then good luck to you.

If I do record window declaration when my apps Activex checkbox is checked in Extension enabler then Silk makes my app crash.

Atleast in your case it is coming back in 5 minutes.

I think it is the dodgy implementation of qaphooks.dll it sometimes does some wierd things to your application. Some times after you have started silk started AUT and disabling the extensions from the Extension enabler will help obviously if the object recognizition is getting hosed in your case by doing that then its not an option for you.

sometimes restarting silk and restarting the AUT might help but I am sure you might have tried that already.

BTW what version of silk are you using?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're not running SilkTest on Windows 3.11 and Pentium 90 Mhz right?
    Have you tried re-installing SilkTest?
    Or have you tried your recording on a different application like Notepad, for example?
    Your problem seems to be so abnormal (have not seen this before) that you may also want to try it on a different PC just to see what is going on.
    You'll get better help if you could only include more info such as the version of SilkTest you are using, your Windows version, type of application you are working on (VB, C++, Delphi, PowerBuilder, etc.).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys for all your response:-
    I am running Silk TEst 5.5 SP1 ( hope it is not that old ). I am running it on a Win2000 computer and testing a Java application.
    It does not seem to be a Network issue. I tried to save the include and test script files locally , but no change in the response.

While recording or running the windows declarations/tests, most of the time I see the "Agent in use" blinking at the status bar at bottom. Then I quit and restart the silk test, but within no time I see the "Agent in Use and then face the slow behaviour"

Is there any solution to this. Today all day i could not even record one full test case !

Thank you all in advance for your reply

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SILK test, Slow in recordging

My silk application seems to be running very slow in recognizing the windows while recording. It takes almost 5 minutes after I point to a window for its ID to show up.

same problem I face when I try to record a test case.

Is it because some of my settings are wrong ?
    I checked up my PC memory , I have 1 GB memory and lots of memory is free. CPU is also hardly loaded.

Some one please help me. I am really struggling to make it work.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been years since I've seen this, however in my case it wasn't as severe as 5 minutes. That'll kill your productivity!! ;-)

I don't recall the exact solution, but I do recall that I fixed it by tweaking my runtime options and path information. It was as if Silk was not able to find the include info or something along that line.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If other windows operations are working fine then it is definitely a problem with Silk. Reinstallation of Silk should solve your problem. Otherwise check for extra services running on your computer. Also check the network protocol you are using (reconfigure your network).

------------------
    Manoj Jain
    (manojjain99@yahoo.com)
    Manoj Jain
    (manojjain99@yahoo.com)
    A highly advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic has been discussed before in this forum. The cause is due to the different hot fixes. It's a Silk5.5 problem. Service pack 1 and 2 will not solve this problem.

There is no way(of my knowledge) to fix it, but only workaround in your test case. I observed that pages with a lot of stuff(in my case a lot of text) will cause the delay.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still strongly encourage you to give very close attention to your path and classpath information. Check your classpath and make certain it is valid. Check your runtime options and be certain that path info is valid. I know you are not nuts, because I HAVE seen this happen, and I know I solved it without a reinstall. In fact at one point I got so frustrated, I wrote a script that recursively dropped the SilkTest_Java2.jar into every folder on my hard drive so there was no way, it could help but be in the classpath.

I wish you well with this.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is another voice of frustration. We refused to pay the maintenance fee until this problem is resolved. This is a major bug in the Silk recorded. If you can type the script without recording it first, it might work. That is the only types of scripts that work for me lately.

Another problem is loosing the class recognition after encountering a custom class. I lost count of hours wasted.

Does anybody know what is the latest Silk fix? I am using Silk 5.5sp2.

------------------
    -Lev Aks
    lev_aks@in-nyc.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast