User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamically generated child\'s child windows

Hi, there,

I have a problem to declear windows that are children of a child window, and they are always dynamically generated in the fly at runtime, such as the annotation windows in the Acroba Exchange. Anybody out there can help about this? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by jim_young (edited 12-14-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dynamically generated child\'s child windows

Well, I guess my question is not very clear so that no anwser yet. Let me make it a bit more clear.

I want test the annotation of Acrobat Exchange. Its child window is a custom window, and the annotation note widowns are always dynamically generated. When the tool/notes is selected, one click anywhere in the view pan will create a new little window and you can type in it. These little window can not be seperately recorded from the child window of the main window.

My question is: How can I declear this kind of windows?

Thank for your attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not quite sure the situation you have...

But first, Why cant you record the declaration of this window ?

Anyway, this might help....
    You can try to put the commom behavior, declaration in a parent class, and if the commom behavior always follow a pattern you can treat the fields as being generic. ( no matter the content, by using multitags, for instance)

If the content are always different and does not follow any standard you can create child classes that implement that specific behavior , doing so at least your declaration will be simplified....

Sorry, if Im not following you....

Rgds,

Mauro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply, Mauro.

The little windows is special. It is always a child of it parent. But it is not like a dialogbox which can be recorded seperately from its parent. When I try to record it, silk will always show its defination within a nested structure of the parent. To declear it as a window or childwin seems does not work. You can not put a parent statment inside the declearation because its parent is only a part of the parent class which cannot be decleared as a child itself. However the Arcobat seems declear all of them as the same class, because in the silk record they all have the same class name and nested in different level.

Maybe I am trying to do something impossible. the reason I want to do this is that there may be many this kind little windows generated in the fly and, since they all have the same name, we may encounter "windows are not unique" problem when run the testcase.