SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk5.5 Sp2 Support for java applets

how to automate the applets, when record the case it's going by co ordinates, i want to select the values from the table , like click row or click column

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk5.5 Sp2 Support for java applets

What happens when you attempt to take window declarations on your applet? What does Silk see?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replay , Please find the attachment which contains the Frame file , windows declarations and testcase
    and i will be attaching the screen short ,which shows how the table looks, when i capture the testcase , it's going by windows co ordinates , i have mapped CustomWin SunAwtFrame1 to standard table class still i am not able to use the functions like clickcol function, the table which is not treating as a HTmlTable and HTmlcolumns, kindly modify the script or give us the function which can be treat the PV table as HTml table

Regards
    raghu

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Record testcase and record actions and the like are always going to give you coordinates -- that's normal.

It is possible that you will need to record classes to find out what you can expose to SilkTest. See the doc on applets provided by Segue. Class mapping may not do it for you.

AG

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any attachment, but agroves is correct that it is common to see coordinates. You can usually remove them with no problem.

If the applet was developed with standard Java classes, SilkTest should be able to see the tables you want to manipulate. Even if the developers created custom classes, you should be able to use record class on them and enable Silk to see them. Recheck all your classpath information and be certain that the Segue jar file is in that path.

Although I'm not automating Java now, I did for 2 1/2 years straight, and in almost EVERY case where I had difficulty, it had something to do with the segue jar files and the classpath.

------------------