SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest vs. Visual Test

We currently use Rational Visual Test to test our client-server application. Major concern I have is if it will be supported on XP anytime in the future - a question which I cannot get Rational to answer. That said, I'd like to look at other products to replace it.
    For anyone who has used both VT and SilkTest, I'd like to hear comments on how they fared against each other. I'm not looking for specifics, but more ease-of-use, robustness, etc of each.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest vs. Visual Test

Ease of use? SilkTest is one of the more difficult tools to use for those who are accustomed to a GUI driven tool. To effectively use Silk you must be capable of manipulating the code.

That said, there is no tool that can compare with it from the standpoint of "robustness."

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, I shouldn't have used "ease-of-use".

Visual Test can do anything I need, however, I'm looking for a general comparison b/w the two from someone who has experience with both.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 5.5 SP2a have good XP support, but that is not the only reason i'd chose SilkTest. Rational will have that soon.
    For Client Server Testing I'd go with either one. Rational is easy to use/learn but if you are planning to do web testing later on I'd definetly recommand SilkTest over Rational.
    Overall SilkTest is an advance tool compare to what you have available in the market today.

------------------