User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snap Shot of the harddrive and registry

Hi all,

Does anybody know if the Silk Test has any functions to take a snap shot of a particular directory of the HD. I want a copy
    of the directory/file structure after I ran
    the testcases.
    Also, I would also like to know the registry after running the testcases, did anybody use any features similar to this or if you know
    any utilities that can do the same job? Thanks very much.

Clyde

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Snap Shot of the harddrive and registry

I am not sure exactly what you are asking but I believe you could get the directory struture by using the Sys_GetDirContents function. this function will return records returning the file name, if it is a directory and the size of the file. It will also continue for subdirectories.

I hope this helps

------------------
    Donald A Kelley
    Donald Kelley

The problem with using Sys_GetDirContents() is the time required to check an entire drive image, the huge amount of data that it will return that needs to be processed, and the erros that will occur when attempting to obtain file size and attributes of some DLLs that may be in use.

Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Home Networking Operations
    Intel Corporation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again,
    Actually, it is not necessary to take the snap shot of the whole harddrive but the
    particular directory of in the harddrive,
    let say "C:\XYZ\"
    However, what I really need is the return of the list of file name, the date of the file, and the properties of the files (eg. versions).
    And I also want to know if I can check the registry of the particular dll is registar or not.
    Thanks.