SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HY001 ODBC error

I’m using SilkTest 5.0.3 on NT to test a C/S application. The testdata is held in 3 MSAccess tables (IDs of testcases to test – input data – expected results) and read via ODBC. In this situation I have 2 questions:

1) After about 100 testcases, SilkTest stops with the following error message:

[ ] *** Error: (HY001) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Couldn’t open additional tables.
    [ ] Occurred in DB_ExecuteSql
    [ ] Called from Main at colibri.t(61)

HY001 indicates memory allocation but a) there is enough free memory on the test machine and b) there aren’t any „additional“ tables to be opened – the three above are opened at the script’s beginning & read during test & that’s it. Has the „additional“ table to do with the results of the select statement in line 61? It reads as follows:

HANDLE hBufferOUT = DB_ExecuteSql(hDB, "SELECT * FROM {sOutTable} WHERE TESTCASE_ID = '{sID}'")

And if so, how can I come around this? Measuring showed that used memory is increasing during the mass test so the only suspicion I have up to now is that Access doesn’t clean up properly. (?)

2) While the test is running, I would find it extremely helpful to see stuff like the ID of the testcase that runs at the moment (being held in a script variable) and some progress info I’d like to calculate. 4test however seems to offer no possibility to show script data, for example, in the status bar of the SilkTest window (like acSysCmdSetStatus in VBA). Any ideas how to get this done?

Thanks in advance,
    cb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HY001 ODBC error

When you execute a SQL statement, you should close the connection afterwards rather than leaving it open. Leaving the connection open will often cause problems. Many of the ODBC problems are due to the ODBC driver itself, rather than SilkTest.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed - setting up your testcases to ensure that any odbc connections are closed by the end of the testcase is good practice for one thing, and may also solve your particular problem.
    Your second problem: is PushTestInfo() what you're after?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David&Vince,
    thanks for your suggestion - I'll check this out & let you know.

Vince,
    thank you for the PushTestInfo() hint. The Runtime Status window is largely hidden by the app most of the time, but all in all this should do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reorganizing my ODBC connections seems to help indeed. Thanks a lot, folks! (This really is an extremely useful site. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also use the SetWindowText (User.DLL) call to add the info to display in the title bar of the app you are testing in case the runtime status window isn't displaying......

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com