User Tag List

Thread: Pop up windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop up windows

I'm having a problem with Silk seeing popup windows as it runs through a test. I need these windows to stay open, so Silk can complete the test. It seems like it has a hard time reading it.

I'm not a Silk pro, I'm an entry level programmer who is taking over for the man who set everything up. Any helpful hints would be a great help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pop up windows

What kind of windows? Is this a browser issue? Win32?

Is Silk closing those windows?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The window is a small popup window which comes up after clicking on a button. The window contains a list box of options that I need to select. Silk seems to close the window without selecting anything. I found a function that was setup to close these windows, but after commenting it out, it still gets closed.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like your recovery system is closing the popup window for you !

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I prevent that?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to repeat DJGray's question here: are you doing browser testing, or client/server testing?

Please point record - identifiers to the popup and tell us what you get back. We need to know exactly what window class you're dealing with before we can help you. There are all kinds of ways to implement popups.

Thanks,
    AG

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm testing a browser. When I record the window, I get two different classes. If I point to the top of the window, it shows as a DialogBox. If I point bellow, it shows as BrowserChild.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I am asking is -- what do you get when you point to the popup itself?

And while I'm at it, after you click the button manually to invoke the popup, do you find that the popup stays popped up until you explicitly dismiss it? Or does the popup go away if you just, say, move the mouse to another part of the screen?

AG

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what I get when I point to the popup. If I point to the very center of it, it shows as a browser. If I point to the top of the popup (the blue section), it shows as a DialogBox.

The popup will stay up if I move the mouse to other areas, but if I click on a different area, it gets covered up.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(First, do one thing just as a precaution: make sure your Agent is started before your browser -- assuming it wasn't already -- then try running / recording again to make sure you get the same results.)

Can you give us the code sample that does the click on the pushbutton, then the selection in the listbox? Since you tell me that if you click elsewhere on the screen, the popup disappears, I'm trying to isolate a stray click like that somewhere in your code.

Once you've narrowed it down a bit, you might end up replacing your Select method (or whatever method you're calling) with one that does TypeKeys(). A lot of people find they need to do that to select with various kinds of popup lists. But until you've fully diagnosed the problem, that might be premature.

AG

------------------