SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that SilkTest Support really helpful???

SilkTest support is not really helpful to me. I usually solve the problems by myself whenever I have the question to them.

------------------
    Hiep
    Hiep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is that SilkTest Support really helpful???

This horse has been more than beat to death here. It's a bleeding pile of mush, and I don't find it very helpful to continue it.

Segue knows their support is foul and they are working to find a cost-effective way to improve it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it also depends on the questions that you have. When I have asked Segue questions, they couldn't answer them or I got a bunch of BS. However, I have found the same thing with Rational and Mercury as well. But then again, the questions I asked they typically do not have "pre-defined" answers for.

Asking basic questions (i.e. How do I read a text file), and you'll get answers.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, this horse has been beat up and been "river danced" on.

It is worth noting that I BELIEVE one of their issues is that when a problem on Silk's side is found, it is extremely difficult to get them to fix it. Close to impossible.

Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have actually gotten them to give me patches or having the fix in the next hot fix or general patch. The hard part is getting something that they can reproduce. Since many of us are working on code that we can not send to Segue, and the code is complex enough that the problem does not happen on a simple site, the reproduction part is hard.

As QA Engineers, you also know that if you, and Engineering, can not reliably reproduce the bug, it gets pushed off (yes, this is not the correct response, but it is a fact of business).

Also if only one person has a problem, vs. another issue that 10 people have, based on limited resources and time, which issue do you think will be fixed?

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net