Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DialogBox is being recognized as generic MsgBox

I have captured on DialogBox from our application

The declaration is as follows,

[-] window DialogBox IOAllocationByLV
    [ ] tag "I?O Allocation by LV"
    [ ] parent FileServersForCalled

But when I record any actions on this DialogBox SilkTest is recognizing it as standard MsgBox and recording statements as MsgBox.SetActive( ) instead of IOAllocationByLV.SetActive( )

How do I resolve this problem so that SilkTest starts recognizing it as specifically IOAllocationByLV DialogBox instead of generic MsgBox?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DialogBox is being recognized as generic MsgBox

problem is your dialogbox really is a messagebox. in your script you could refer to it as either and silk will deal with it correctly. when you're recording actions on a window silk basically has to pick a window dec of yours that matches the window your acting on. quite possible that there are more than one possible matches in all of your declarations. in this case the messagebox declaration is a possible match. Not sure how Silk goes about finding a match, doubt you can control this. Can you comment out the MessageBox declaration while recording? if not, you may be stuck replacing after you've recorded your actions.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has worked for me in the past with web applications.

Make sure your frame file is the first item in your list of use files. You can find this information in runtime options.

1. Expand options menu
    2. Select runtime
    3. Verify that your frame file is before any other include files in the Use files edit field. Example:

c:\<myframefile.inc>,extend/explorer.inc

Many times the built in include files are declared before your frame file as a result you get the generic dialogbox window name when recording.

- Joe

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The formatting of my example was stripped out in the previous post. The example should look like this:

C:\YourFramFile.inc,extend\explorer.inc

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot comment the generic message box declaration because I am also using it in my script for handling popup error message, if I comment the script cannot compile.

Other problem is that the application DialogBox contains some more objects than the generic MsgBox. I want to verify these other objects. Presently I have declared the DialogBox and writing the script manually for verification, this is taking time, I wanted to take some help from recording to make it fast.

I have got different inc files for different modules I changed the sequence in options runtime use files but it is still not working.

Can any one provide any other solution for this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, it is worth commenting out your generic messagbox declaration and recording a separate window declaration for all your different dialogboxes. See the discussion at http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/001966.html for more details.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Declare generic messagebox with unique name
    instead of using standard name as
    MessageBox.

-Niteen

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The script should be able to use any of the frame - as a dialogbox or as a message box.
    Check the following: The window id/tags combination is referring to the same object. If the #id tag refers to the same, it will work fine.

2. To work with additional objects in the dialogbox, just reRecord the whole dialogbox again once, and the cut and paste declarations of those additional objects into the original messagebox. Call objects as and when you need.

------------------
    Jaimini Bhatt
    jaiminita@hotmail.com
    jaiminita@yahoo.com
    Jaimini Bhatt