SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invoking solaris shell script using SilkBean

I want to test my application on w2k and solaris using the same Silk script. When my test application is already running on solaris, I have no trouble executing the silk tests via SilkBean. The problem is: how can I start my test application on solaris from windows?

The manual process to kick off the application on solaris is as follows:
    log in as a certain user, source some scripts, and then start my application.

I haven't figured out if the above is possible using SilkBean. I have a workaround to this by using telnet and no SilkBean, but the workaround doesn't solve this other problem:
    I would also like to be able to call my shell scripts on solaris from within my Silk test scripts. SYS_EXECUTE gives me results from the w2k side, not the solaris side.

Does anyone have suggestions of how to tackle this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invoking solaris shell script using SilkBean

Yep. SYS_Execute is for a Windows "system" level command and will not be recognized by the bean. The docs do tell you this, but it is easy to miss. I know. I tried the same thing a few years back. What you want to do is replace your SYS_Execute statements with the Start() method. Look in your docs about the parameters to pass this. I believe there are four of them. The Start method will work on both NT and the bean.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invoking solaris shell script using SilkBean

Also rsh command can be used to execute your shell script on the solaris machine from win. SYS_Execute should run the batch file on windows, this batch file should have rsh command (rsh should take care of your login account) to execute and invoke your application. Of Course Unix machine should be configured to enable for rsh

------------------

[This message has been edited by spoturi (edited 03-31-2002).]