SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multiple span objects recognized as a single string

Our product has several tabs, each is implemented with a span element. The bad thing is Silk recognizes all the span objects as one long string.

Has anybody run into this, and come up with a decent solution?

Here's a quote from the SilkTest dudes...
    "There is a tab on the top left corner which contains "tab 1", "Dashboard", "ST 2 Frame", "ST 3 Frame" and "URL". SilkTest recognizes
    it as a browser window containing one HtmlText object with a caption of "Tab 1DashboardST 2 FrameST 3 FrameURL". SilkTest is correct in this.
    The customer has implemented the tab as ButtonSet in ButtonSet.js which is using SPAN as the base element. ST treats SPAN as text. Since there are couple SPAN elements, ST combines them into one HtmlText object. In this case, Silk Test will always see these elements as one group of HtmlText, This is not going to be changed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jhvincent (edited 03-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by jhvincent (edited 03-27-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: multiple span objects recognized as a single string

I don't have experience with this problem exactly, but here's what comes to mind first -- are you using the DOM or VO extension? And what version of SilkTest are you using? If VO picks up the individual tabs and DOM doesn't, your scripting could switch to VO, then pick the tab, then switch back to DOM. (Some of the earlier 5.5 versions will crash when you try to switch, though).

Here's the other obvious strategy -- are you able to manually type a key (such as Tab) on the keyboard to give focus to the individual tabs? If so, you can just parse out the string (if you want), and do a TypeKeys workaround.

Someone else may have more experience with this control class, though.

AG

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using DOM, with Silk 5.5 SP2. I will give a try with switching between DOM and VO, since VO did recognize the tabs OK (although it was a while back).
    Thanks for the suggestion! I need all the help I can get...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agroves,

What you have suggested is something I've never tried. I'm assuming there is a programatic method of selecting the VO/DOM extension. Can you post an example of how you have used this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking through Silk's help I found how to switch from DOM to VO, but the caveat is it will not work on Win2000 during the same Silk session.

Here's the help title that will get you the info: "Using 4Test to switch between the VO and DOM extensions within a testcase"

------------------