SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone help me with Java CustomWindow Table?

I have a Java CustomWindow Table, and I can't
    see the anything insight this table.
    What can I do to see objects in this table.

Tanks,
    Arlida

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can someone help me with Java CustomWindow Table?

Assuming everything else with your Java/Silk environment is setup and working properly, you can do a RecordClass on that table.

From the Options menu, select record class.
    Check the show all classess and show all methods checkboxes.
    Capture the recording and add it to your include file.
    Uncheck the two previously checked checkboxes.(Important)
    With that recordng as part of your include, take declarations on the Custom Java Table.

If (1) your Java/Silk environment is properly set up, and (2) you were able to get a class recording, Silk should now be able to take declarations on and manipulate that custom Java class (table).

Good luck.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had similar problems since one of our applications is developed with JClass tables. Silk can't see them as anything but a CustomWin and everything I've developed so far has been using coordinates (yuk). Segue Support wasn't any help at the time, so I am interested in this solution. Hopefully this will provide some additional information to the original poster as well.

I tried this and I ended up with a new class derived from AnyWin. It has quite a few attributes and it defined the invokeMethods method. Since AnyWin doesn't have the table methods I needed, I rerecorded the object and selected Table as the base class. This didn't change the recorded definition any other than to change the class from which my new class was derived, but the hope was to use the methods that the Table class provides.

I am not sure what you should expect when recording a class like this. I didn't get any useful methods defined within my new class. If everything went well, should you be able to use all the methods defined for the Table class by default? Does the Record/Class functionality attempt to map the existing methods for the base class to the new class?

I also received a handful of 'obj' entries - like 'obj void requestFocus ()'. I can't find what 'obj' is from the help. Is this an 'object' declaration?

Thanks ...

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obj refers to a java call that returns a reference to another java class or object. You might have a method of a grid that returns a reference to a column or a row object depending on how the grid is set up. These are recorded to help you figure out what methods there are that SilkTest won't be able to use, but that you may be able to use using invokeMethods.

Testing custom Java objects can be a little involved. Some training on this specific topic could help you a lot. Feel free to e-mail me for further info on this.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

[This message has been edited by jamesso (edited 03-22-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlee,

It's been a while since I've messed with Silk/Java, so I'm a little rusty on it.

It depends on what your developers have exposed in their custom objects. If you know ahead of time, you can even suggest to them certain helpful methods that need to be exposed for your testing.

Using the approach I mentioned above, I've seen two specific things happen.
    1. I've been able to call exposed custom java methods directly from my code.

2. I was able to get window declarations that I previously could not get.

It sounds like James has a much better handle on the inner workings of this than I have.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a lot of time to explain it in detail, but I had a similar issue. The developers had extended the JavaJFCTable class so that blinking, colored text could appear in some cells. Using SilkTest's GetCellValue() and GetContents() methods with these cells returned garbled object references instead of text.

This is what I did.

First, I used SilkTest to to see what info I could get with the methods listed under invokeMethods(). Sometimes, passing the results with Java's "toString" helped, i.e.:
    This had worked for all of the other custom objects I had worked with, but not this one.

The solution was to get our developers to add some "TestSupport" code to their custom table class. Once I showed them how SilkTest's invokeMethods() works, they had little trouble adding what I wanted.

This is how I use it:
    Hope this helps !

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 03-28-2002).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! That's exactly what I meant by knowing ahead of time and telling the developers to expose helpful methods.

Thanks for clarifying that Rob. Excellent example!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by awhiteleather:
    I have had similar problems since one of our applications is developed with JClass tables. Silk can't see them as anything but a CustomWin and everything I've developed so far has been using coordinates (yuk). Segue Support wasn't any help at the time, so I am interested in this solution. Hopefully this will provide some additional information to the original poster as well.

I tried this and I ended up with a new class derived from AnyWin. It has quite a few attributes and it defined the invokeMethods method. Since AnyWin doesn't have the table methods I needed, I rerecorded the object and selected Table as the base class. This didn't change the recorded definition any other than to change the class from which my new class was derived, but the hope was to use the methods that the Table class provides.

I am not sure what you should expect when recording a class like this. I didn't get any useful methods defined within my new class. If everything went well, should you be able to use all the methods defined for the Table class by default? Does the Record/Class functionality attempt to map the existing methods for the base class to the new class?

I also received a handful of 'obj' entries - like 'obj void requestFocus ()'. I can't find what 'obj' is from the help. Is this an 'object' declaration?

Thanks ...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met the same problem with com.klg.Jclass.Table. This has been heavily applied to the application under test. Silktest 6.0 sees it as a custom win, and can only differentiate the table header and table contents as two custom wins. However, I do need to perform some actions on it such as clicking a specific row, getting the string value of a cell (rowid, columnid). I did try the record/class suggested by DJGray, but got the same result as AWhiteLeather got. Seems like Silktest still can not derive any useful methods for this Jclass table. This is not the time that developers can expose some helpful methods to facilitate testing. Does anyone have any way to deal with this problem?
    Thanks in advance.