User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DragMouse problem

Hi,

I'm trying to do a simple DragMouse operation in one of the child windows of my application. The child window is a graphical layout and I'm trying to use the DragMouse to select objects in the child window.

The child window is declared as "wEditor"

The statement giving trouble is:
    wEditor.DragMouse(1, 183, 30, 290, 144)

The statement fails in that it is clicking on the specified coordinated relative to the main window instead of the child window.

I tried a similar example of:
    wEditor.DragMouse(1, 1, 1, 500, 500)

with the same results, coordinates used are relative to the main rather than child window.

Thinking there may be some problem with my child window declaration, in the same script I then tried:

wEditor.Click(1, 1, 1)
    wEditor.Click(1, 500, 500)

This time the coordinates used were correct, they were relative to the child window, not the main window.

I don't see how it can use the correct coordinates relative to the child window for the click operation and the the incorrect coordinates relative to the main window for the drag operation in the same script.

It seems that the DragMouse operation is ignoring that it is called for the child window rather than the main window. I also tried breaking down the operation using Begin & EndDragAt methods with the same problem.

DragMouse shoould be very straightforward operation, does anyone have an idea why it is using the wrong coordinates.

I am testing a standalone Java application, all other window & object recognition is working fine.

Thanks,
    Greg

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DragMouse problem

I tried here and it worked ok (SK version 5.0.2) but i'm not using a java app.

Try using PressMouse(), MoveMouse(), and then ReleaseMouse()

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DragMouse problem

User =?iso-8859-1?q?Vijayashree=20Lokesh?= (vijayashree_lokesh@yahoo.co.in.nospam) posted:

Hi
    This application is not a web based one. Its a VB
    application (stand alone). The buttons i am talking
    about are a list of buttons which get highlighted when
    the cursor moves over it. Also can be invoked by
    pressing the space bar and aroow buttons thro'
    keyboard.
    I hope this gives you a clear picture.
    Please suggest
    Regards
    Vijayashree

--- MSRKPrasad <prasadms@hcl.co.in> wrote: >