SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there easy way convert tests from VO to DOM

We are trying to port all our tests developed on ST 5.03 with VO model to ST International which only support DOM. Manually changing all those declarations and tests would be a too big of pain and resource demanding. Can any one direct us an optimal path get this done ?

Thanks

--Shuchi

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there easy way convert tests from VO to DOM

That is a tough one. I have converted twice from VO to DOM, but both times was when the UI was being completly re-written, so I had to re-decalare everything anyway.

If you set the borderless table parameter to 0.5, then everything "might" just work. However, I find that the boardeless table option works best at 0.9 (just my view), in which case you would need to re-write everything.

So, you might need to re-write your delarations. If you do, you might want to consider one of the other methods of window declarations that provide easier updates that the standard Segue decalation.

I think there was an artical on Segue@Work covering some of them (by John Green I think). However, I don't have time at the moment to go look.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net