SPONSORS:

User Tag List

*** Error: Internal error in agent - Read past end of buffer

Dont get me wrong, I have looked at all open (and closed) threads in this messageboard regarding this quite pesky error message.

I am running SilkTest 5.0.3 on a Windows 2000 Professional machine with 128 megs of ram.

I am testing a web based application and there is nothing much to my testcase. I am basically going from page to page but when I get to the page in our application where the credit card information needs to be entered, I get the aforementioned error. (could it be clashing with some kind of security issue?)

*** Error: Internal error in agent - Read past end of buffer
    Occurred in GetCloseWindows
    Called from DefaultBaseState at defaults.inc (163)
    Called from DefaultTestCaseExit ar defaults.inc (310)

Again, sorry for being redundant with this error message but I have looked at, and tried, all of the prior suggested fixes for this error in other postings to no avail.

Extension is set to DOM (in both possible places)

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

manny

------------------

[This message has been edited by mannyaldanese (edited 03-04-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: *** Error: Internal error in agent - Read past end of buffer

This error message can appear in a few situations. If you are testing a Browser application it usually means that SilkTest has lost communication with the browser and/or Agent in the middle of doing something. When SilkTest times out waiting for the Agent to talk to it, this error is raised. I usually restart SilkTest AND the browser at this point. If the problem you are seeing isn't occuring with a browser, give us a little more specifics to go on.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Re: *** Error: Internal error in agent - Read past end of buffer

Thanks for the reply.
    the problem that I am seeing is only occuring when using a browser.

As for the error being generated because silk cannot connect / talk to the agent...wouldnt that be predicated by the IE crash? Meaning to say, the error that silk gives is a result of the crash (not a description of why IE crashed itself)?

------------------