User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows with Control ID of $MessageBox errors

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to figure out what VB6.0 property SilkTest uses to identify the Control ID for a window. There are multiple forms in the AUT that have the control ID of $MessageBox, and this is causing the problem that these windows are mistaken for the generic MessageBox. I am not sure why SilkTest is doing this, because the MessageBox is of class MessageBoxClass, and the other windows are of class VBForm. I am using "~ActiveApp/$MessageBox" as the tag for the MessageBox and this is what is causing the problem. I would prefer to keep a generic MessageBox declaration to handle all MessageBoxes, but if a lot of my other windows get misidentified as MessageBoxes, I guess I will have to create non-generic messagebox declarations for each messagebox in the AUT. Any ideas as to what the developer can change in the VB code to change the Control ID???

Thanks in Advance,
    Steve

------------------
    Steven P. Blunt
    Software Automation Technical Lead
    NASG Sales Force Productivity
    Steven P. Blunt
    Software Automation Technical Lead
    NASG Sales Force Productivity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Windows with Control ID of $MessageBox errors

I had same problem in my application (VC++, not much different from VB).

I think it is depend on what you want to do.

My previous automation-lead took out generic MessageBox from the frame file.

I disagreed with him. So, I have included the generic MessageBox in the frame file. However, sometimes I do need uniquely identified messagebox such as "About" box or any confirmation boxes (Somehow, this is read as Messagebox type).

I have post a question how to do it "How can I create window declarations for a certain message box?? " thread.
    Two people have been kindly helped me. I think I should go for that.

I hope this help!

------------------