SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selecting items in a combo box in a JavaJFCTable cell

I have a JavaJFCTable with several columns. The cells in the last column have combo boxes inside them. I need to be able to change the selected items for each of these combo boxes. How do I do this.

-

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Selecting items in a combo box in a JavaJFCTable cell

Can you click in the cell you are interested in first, then select from the combo box? I had a situation where I couldn't see the combo-box until I clicked in the cell. I defined the table separately from the combobox. After I clicked the cell in the table, I could then select from the combo box.

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The table and the rows are generated dynamically. I do not know in advance how many rows the table will contain. However, what I know is that the last column will always have listboxes inside its cells ( if the number of rows > 0 )

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to bring up "Record Window declarations" and click on the table and point to the combobox. Look at the object properties and add a tag for the combobox to the existing declarations.

Choose a tag that is the same no matter which cell of the table you click on.

Alternatively -- just recapture the window while the combobox is visible.

Once you have the tag, you have the "handle" you are looking for. Just make sure you ClickCell() on the table (and check if the combobox Exist()s) before you do a Select().

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this insight, I could solve the problem. I realized that as my comboboxes stacked on on the other in the last column I could refer to them as JFCJavaComboBox (#index). As I know the number of rows in the JFCJavaTable I know, in advance, the last value of the index I can use

eg: ( to handle first combobox)
    if (DiaologBox.Table.JavaJFCComboBox("#1").exists ())
    DialogBox.Table.JavaJFCComboBox("#1").selectitem(" C")

By the way I was earlier using DialogBox.getChildren () to get all the children inside the dialogbox and this list did NOT contain these comboboxes ( I checked their class types). They were not listed as children to the Table also. Any idea why ?

thanks for the tip. I now have something to show at the end of the day today

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the gif image showing the table cells with the combo boxes inside them

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I encountered the same situation as Atlee.
    Click on the cell first --
    then the combo box exists and you can select inside of it.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If for example I have three strings in the combobox "A" "B" and "C". I go ahead and click on the cell where I know a combobox exists. The combobox drops showing me the three strings. But how do I select one of these strings unless I have a window handle that corresponds to this combobox in this particular cell

in other words to do list.Select (Item) how do i get hold of the list object ?

I am getting a feeling that you have given me a solution , but I have not yet quite understood it!

------------------