User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlPopup with OnChange Event not Working in Silk 5.5 SP2

Installed Silk 5.5 SP2.
    Ran a couple of tests that selects an item from a HtmlPopupList that has an OnChange event/function associated with it, that should cause a different browser page to be loaded...item visually appears to be selected however the same browser page is displayed...i.e. anticipated/expected browser page not loaded.

The environment that I'm using is W2K SP2, I.E 5.5 SP2 or I.E 6.0 with SilkTest SP2.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed similar behaviour.

From what I remember this issue was fixed in Silk 5.5 HF3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlPopup with OnChange Event not Working in Silk 5.5 SP2

I'm not clear on this. How is this a failure in Silk rather than a failure in the AUT?

Sorry if I'm just missing something obvious here...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the first time you have tried this or was it working in a previous version of SilkTest. My experience of Silktest with this kind of thing is that it is pretty unreliable at firing the event in Javascript (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). I usually try and get around it by overriding the select fucntion to use low level methods (mouse clicks, typekeys).

As an experiment, try clicking on the popup, have Silktest then click the arrow in the list to make it visible and select an item using the mouse. If this works then I would say create a new select method that uses this a core.

Paul

------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, I should have mentioned in my initial post that I'm using DOM. Now on to the issue.

Please read the final reply to the following post...this should clarify things.
    http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/002452.html

Basically what I'm saying is that the HtmlPopupList issue that was fixed with HF3 for Silk 5.5 has been uncoulped with Silk 5.5 SP2

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a defect in Silk's initial SP2 release. I just recieved an email from Segue stating that it has been fixed and a new SP2 has been issued and can be downloaded from their site.

The release with the fix is Release 5.5 SP2 [964n]. Go to Help/About SilkTest to check your version number.

------------------