SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLL -- Silk 5.5 SP2 - - Is there any problems??

Is Silk loading page with a lot of stuff faster now??

Is the speed faster and less memory leaks in general?

Is there any new problems?

It doesn't seem to be a big problem moving from hotfix to hotfix and service pack to service pack, but in reality we need to test existing scripts to make sure nothing is broke(impossible with silk) and the new patch is producing less ERRORs than the old one. That is the curse of Silk:P, so please any early warnings/Comments would be greatly useful.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: POLL -- Silk 5.5 SP2 - - Is there any problems??

My results are prilimany - I want to rerun them to verify.

First, I ran two sets of tests with 5.5 SP1. One set ran for 5 hours, 23 minutes, the next for 2 hours and 3 minutes. This was just to get a baseline.

I uninstalled ST 5.5 and then installed ST 5.5 SP2. and ran the first set of tests.

After 15.5 hours, I stopped the test. Hmmm... Not much faster !

I also do all of my prints statements through a log function to log the results to an HTML page and to the result viewer. I am getting random "Sharing Voliations" when doing the file I/O operations.

I am also getting some database errors (I do quite a few database connections since that is how I determine the menu structure of the current user). On random times, I am getting a "invalid database handle" error.

Sometimes when I start SilkTest, it is locking up on the Segue Splash Screen. Takes a few tries to kill the process.

For the new help, it is simply done in just the more modern help system. Nothing major - it is just a "looks" thing and you now can bookmark pages in the help.

For the bug fixes, there was nothing fixed that I was having a problem with.

My hope was that I could get some speed improvements. That didn't take. And if there are file I/O problems, then that isn't good either.

For the File I/O issues, I have restructured some of my logging and added in do..except in hopes that that would help.

The database issue might be due to our database being moved to a diffrent subnet the night before. Although I can connect just find with SQL*Plus and ODBC Test (comes with Oracle). So, I am thinking this is a bug.

I have adjusted some of my code and plan to re-test SP2 today. If I still have the problems, I'll log them with Segue.

UAT Under Test:
    Web Application (JSP pages)
    Internet explorer 5.5 SP2
    Windows 2000 SP2
    SilkTest 5.5 SP2 using IE 5.x DOM

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net

[This message has been edited by davidgenrich (edited 02-28-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just started testing SP2.

I haven't changed any of my Silk code, I simply installed SP2. Now, I'm unable to select any MenuItems (worked in SP1). Silk can see the Menus and all other objects in the application, yet fails when attempting to select the MenuItems. The error I'm recieveing states that Silk cannot see the JavaMainWin (my app), when in fact it can see the main window, it just can't see the menu item.

That's all I've got on this now, I've just started looking at it. I'll probably back up to SP1 and bypass SP2 all together. It doesn't appear to address any of my concerns anyway.

Info on my AUT:
    Java Application
    JDK 1.3.1
    Solaris 8

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for your insights

From one of our test on SP2, an old fix for HtmlPopupList fixed in HotFix 3 is broke again in SP2

I am thinking that we are making 1 step forward and 2 steps backward with their Patches.

We are sticking with HotFix 3 for now. Now we are working around pages where there are too much content for silk to handle, so it doesn't take 15 minutes to do an Exists() call.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 Service Pack 2 Fix 1? Build 964n on XP Pro

Temporary Screen Corruption:
    All the buttons on the tool bar attached themselves to the title bar of the child window. Moving the child window erased portions of the main window. Screen returned to normal when Silk Test lost and regained focus.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that the speed didn't change that much but that items that were resolved in the previous releases were'nt resoloving, (I'm testing an dynamic news publishing using win2k, ie6...) I have started using FlushCache significantly more now which seems to ensure that the clicks and selects are starting from a known state. HTMLPopuplists and HTMLComboxes are still flakey to non-functional. I have noticed that I can now run a test suite for 20 or so hours without SIlk blowing up. I suppose that's something. I'm currently seeing 4-5sec. for any call to the agent. That's 2x worse than the previous release. Does anyone know why calls to the CLick, Select or other similar calls now go through a center calculation for each control? It's really blowing my clicks on HTMLLinks.

------------------
    Thanks
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About those popup lists -- just wanted to make sure that everyone knows to verify you're running the newly-posted version of SP2 -- check Help/About -- it should say Release 5.5 SP2 [964n].
    AG

------------------