SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 SP2 backward compatibility

Are there any known issues involved in writing scripts in ST5.5SP2 under XP Pro and running/modifying them in ST5.5SP1 under NT4SP6?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 5.5 SP2 backward compatibility

I still haven't dared to move past SilkTest 5.0.3.2 -- just because experience with SilkTest has taught me that there are ALWAYS "issues" with upgrades :-(

Similarly, there are always issues that need to be resolved to make testware work on the various flavors of Windoze.

Forgive me for being a skeptic -- I guess it comes from doing testing for a few years ;-)

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any examples?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory no script edit is required, but in practice you would edit your script to compensate the bugs created between SP1 and SP2(if you are lucky no edit is required - unlikely).

read this thread for some issues with SP2. http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/003226.html

Anyhow with SP1 and SP2 I notice speed change. Especially if your page contain alot of content or text. Ex I have a page that displays 250k to 1900k of text it takes between ~10 to ~60 minutes to just get the page ready for anything. Babe sized pages work fine though:b

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're doing Web testing, you will encounter bugs -- follow the link GodKnows gave you. But regardless, SP1 didn't support the XP skins (see control panel - display - windows classic mode vs. XP default mode, or something like that, can't remember), and SP2 claims to support the skins, so if you do a myMainWin.Maximize/Minimize or try to use the application tray at the bottom of the screen, watch out -- you'll need to make some adjustment there, too.
    AG

------------------