Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different IE version

Hello,

I need some experiences :

I work on IE5/IE5.5/IE6 and i want to access an object in my webpage (a toolbar for example) but because of the version of IE the parents of my objects are not same.
    For the moment i start to code something like that :

[-] winclass classConditions : BrowserChild

[-] window Toolbar()
    [-] switch vBrowser
    [-] case IE55
    [ ] return this.CustomWin("[WI WebPanel Main Window]").CustomWin("[ATL:ToolbarWindow32]#1")
    [-] case IE5
    [ ] return this.BrowserChild("#2").CustomWin("[WI WebPanel Main Window]").CustomWin("[ATL:ToolbarWindow32]#1")
    [-] default
    [ ] return this.BrowserChild("#2").CustomWin("[WI WebPanel Main Window]").CustomWin("[ATL:ToolbarWindow32]#1")

The problem is that i need to do that for each object, i need to add each time a new browser and the only change is the parent

Does somebody have a good idea ??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Different IE version

So you want a custom BrowserPage that can switch between different IE that is cool.

Just make your variable global so you can use it everywhere. You shall declare your variable before you make any call to it:P

Let's say you define your base reference as
    if(IE55) newBrowserPage=balh
    if(IE5) newBrowserPage=balh2
    if(IE6) newBrowserPage=balh3
    --
    now you can write newBrowserPage.HtmlLink("#1").Click.

I hope you see what I mean. You can also make a class that inherit everything from BrowserPage. I am not sure if multitag would work.

------------------