SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest causing problems after extended periods

I have read comments in several threads regarding Silk making the host or remote machines unstable after a period of time. I'm wondering how many people have experiences where they are sure that SilkTest running for a long time has causes problems?

I have run tests overnight and over the weekend on many occasions and I have not seen any problems that I contributed to Silk.

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest causing problems after extended periods

I'm finding that I get privileged instruction exceptions in NT4SP6 Explorer within minutes of starting ST5.5SP1.

It's only my first week on ST. NT has been rebuilt and is still shaky. If we find out what it is, I'll let you know.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run 3 SilkTest scripts 7 by 24 for monitoring purposes. We have been doing this for the last 2 years. Before 5.3 we did seem to have problems with SilkTest causing errors every 24 hours (memory leak?). But after 5.3 came out the problems caused by SilkTest went away. We still do encounter problems, but the root cause has never been SilkTest. Usually the script fails do to the database, windows, IE, or a issuance pushing to the machine while running.

MikeF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeF:
    I run 3 SilkTest scripts 7 by 24 for monitoring purposes. We have been doing this for the last 2 years. Before 5.3 we did seem to have problems with SilkTest causing errors every 24 hours (memory leak?). But after 5.3 came out the problems caused by SilkTest went away. We still do encounter problems, but the root cause has never been SilkTest. Usually the script fails do to the database, windows, IE, or a issuance pushing to the machine while running.

MikeF

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Mike. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for - I wasn't sure if I should be worried about long-term tests or not. This gives me a bit more confidence that my test suite isn't doomed before I start it.

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee