SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any access issue from NT4(Host) to Win2k(Client) by using Host-Client Techno

Is there any access issue from NT4(Host) to Win2k(Client) by using Host-Client Technology?

Hi there, I can use Host-Client Technology to remotely drive a NT4 (Client) from Win2k (Host). However, when I do the other way, it didn’t work. It gave me an error (Error: Unable to connect to machine 'Win2k') Does anyone know, there is any access issue from Nt4 to Win2k? Do I have to use Win2k as a “Host” rather than NT4? Thanks

Kelvin
    Please send me an email to
    kf@engineer.com

------------------
    KF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there any access issue from NT4(Host) to Win2k(Client) by using Host-Client Techno

Works fine for me in either direction.
    Quick checklist:
    - agent is installed
    - agent is running
    - agent has network set correctly
    - agent and host are the same silktest version.
    - you've got the computer name correct in Runtime Options
    Sorry to sound patronising, but whenever I have a 'can't connect' problem it has been due to one of these factors.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there any access issue from NT4(Host) to Win2k(Client) by using Host-Client Techno

//Original setting on my software configuration.
    - agent is installed -> OK
    - agent is running -> OK
    - agent has network set correctly -> OK
    - agent and host are the same silktest version. -> NT4 (SilkTest 5.5) and W2k (SilkTest 5.03)
    - you've got the computer name correct in Runtime Options -> OK

Hi vincebowdren. Thanks for the tip. However, I changed the SilkTest version from 5.5 to 5.03 on NT4 the problem still exist. I will try to find other machines to test this scenario and see what would happen. At least I know you don’t have any issue on this. That's all I need. Thanks again.

------------------
    KF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kf_bs

We have had a similar problem - We get the error message "Socket connection refused".We had to reinstall TCP/IP to overcome this problem.

One more check for conecting remote.

on the remote m/c agent and host m/c should have network connections enabled.

For setting the host nerwork connections
    go to Options->Runtime->Network and choose TCP/Ip.

Hope this

Regards

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Just another suggestion - try ping the machine that you wish to connect too. I had a similiar problem recently and what I found out was that someone had changed the IP address on me ! Also, what Sandeep suggested is a good idea - a reinstall of TCP/IP might help.

Regards,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sandeep and Conor, thanks for the tips. Since I've only been working in this company for several days and they took my machines to be re-formatting for other products testing … it is a long story… I will let you all know what would happen after I get my machines back. Thanks you all.

Kelvin
    P.S. For the record, I really don't have my own machine in here!

------------------
    KF