SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reusable functions for driving Ghost Console

I was wondering if anyone had any reusable 4Test functions for driving Symantec Ghost Console. I am trying to automate our installation testing and will be restoring various ghost images on the target machine.

Thanks!
    Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Reusable functions for driving Ghost Console

Matt,

I don't have what you are looking for, but if you are unable to find it, you might consider driving Ghost from the command line.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJGray:
    Matt,
    I don't have what you are looking for, but if you are unable to find it, you might consider driving Ghost from the command line.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know it was possible to run Ghost Console from the command line. I will have to look into this. Thanks.

Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an FYI for anyone else interested...

I found (buried in the Ghost documentation) a brief mention of how to launch Ghost Console tasks from the command line. The command syntax is:

ngcons.exe /e <task name>

I launched this from SilkTest and then used one of the remote reboot functions (available in the download section of this site) to wait for the image to be restored and the OS to boot. It works great.
    Matt Gray