User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get the Text from a Custom win

Hi All,
    Need your help in handling custom win as i want to get some text from a html document and verify it, also while recording silk help says custom win do not get mapped to any other built in class of silk.

Please help ASAP

Thanks in advance

------------------
    Vinjo
    Vinjo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to get the Text from a Custom win

If the HTML document is displayed in IE or Netscape you can enable the browser extnsions in SilkTest and SilkTest will be able to see the test in the document (so you can use GetText()).

Alterantively, if the HTML file is help locally, and is not displayed in IE, use the file fucntions to open the file and read the text directly (not using the UI).

Good Luck,

Paul

------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To take the last comment one step further. If the html file is not stored locally, capture the source, save it locally and then extract the information you need.

I have been using this to capture the html for incorrectly displayed windows so that troubleshooting problems is easier when executing unsupervised scripts.

MikeF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me explain the problem once again.....
    I am testing the relevant help is invoked when F1 key is invoked at CLI/Dialog box, so when i get the help dialog box, which is a compiled html (chm) file i need to capture the Text on top of that custom win which the name of the comand and verify it with the command passed. so the problem lies with capturing the Text from the CHM file, Right now i am using the getrect() method and calculating the position of the text, but if anybody knows any other method let me know please.

Thanks

------------------
    Vinjo
    Vinjo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote some code to validate the content of online help for a Windows application for a few topics and found that using the the Click() method with coordinates to highlight a segment of text worked pretty reliably.

After you highlight the text, you should be able to copy the content to the clipboard and then perform a StrPos() or similar function to see if you got what was expected.

------------------