SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Browser main window coming up as DialogBox

This has been happening to us through various versions of IE and various versions of SilkTest 5.5 -- and it's still happening! Are we missing something really obvious here? Are we going mad?

Every once in awhile, when we point SilkTest to the IE5.5 main browser window, the thing comes up as a DialogBox. This erratic behavior is apparently not dependent on the exact version of IE, nor is it dependent on which Segue hotfix or service pack we have installed. Maddeningly, sometimes it disappears when we reboot the machine, sometimes not.

We've been in denial about this for some time, but now we're trying to teach a class, and all these students are wondering what the heck kind of product this is that behaves differently every time they boot it.

We've been over and over the settings, and can find no common error here.

Surely many other people must have encountered this before, but I don't recall seeing it in this forum.

What are we missing? Has anyone logged this as a bug report, and if so, what reception did you get?

Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Browser main window coming up as DialogBox

if yr classpath andother extensions are set no way Silk can behave like that. Please check yr settings.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What extention(s) are you using. It's a good idea to set one extention on all extention enabler(2 places) at a time. If you enable alot of extention on the agent you might see weird things. For me DOM is pretty stable.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally -- I figured it out. Our extensions were fine; I had gone over them with a fine-tooth comb. Turns out the Agent needs to be booted before the browser. I always knew that had to happen when Extension Kit extensions were used, but it never occurred to me that this would also apply with browser extensions. Duh. *Seems* to work every time now. Keep fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

------------------