SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest Performance Issues

We are using SilkTest to save screen information to a text file for verification purposes. As we loop through the same screen grabbing data, the property retrival process takes longer and longer for each object. In the first loops, each object takes around .05 seconds to make a property call. After each loop, the property retrieval time takes longer and longer - up to several seconds for each object after 100 loops. Has anyone else had these issues? We are testing a VB app and I don't think SilkTest has memory leaks with VB apps.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

------------------
    Steven P. Blunt
    Software Automation Technical Lead
    NASG Sales Force Productivity
    Steven P. Blunt
    Software Automation Technical Lead
    NASG Sales Force Productivity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest Performance Issues

Are you using FileClose() to clean up your file handles after each screen capture ?

I always found the Silk <-> VB interaction to be quite unstable, especially over the long term.

Use the Windows task manager to monitor SilkTest and the AUT during a test. Besides "Mem Usage", look at "Handles" and "Threads" for the processes. I bet that you see these counts going up and up with each iteration -- i.e. not getting cleaned up.

If so - this would be the source of the problem.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com