SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Help!) Dynamic instances of a User created Class?

I have a AUT (Application Under Test) that has a Central Database and a farm of project databases. The user connects to the central database through the AUT. The AUT then directs the user to a project database based on their project assignment in the central database .

Recently my management raised the bar another notch. I had been "Silking" the AUT on a project by project basis. One run, one project, one project database. Now they want to be able to hit one or more projects within a given run. (To cut time during the night executions.)

Using the current method I set up, I would have to add more static instances of a Database class for each project I want to hit. This of course, changes my test scripts because the instance object name would change based on which project database I would like to hit. Before I would just change the connection information in the Project instance of the Database class.

I can get the project database information from the central database on the fly.(Project Database Name, Project Database Server) User Id and Password would be static. But I can't quite see how to make a dynamic instance of the "Project" instance of the Object Database. Maybe it is not possible.

I have attached example inc and testscript files so you can get a visual of what I am trying to do.
    For those that would like to figure out how to make user created classes these, should be a good example to follow.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: (Help!) Dynamic instances of a User created Class?

I couldn't upload the solution to your problem since I already have 10 files uploaded (that is the max)

So, I pasted the code below. If you want, I have the files ZIPED and can email them to you.

ExampleDBClass.inc

ExampleConnection.t
    Hope this helps...

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com
    david_kim@usa.net

[This message has been edited by davidgenrich (edited 02-07-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: (Help!) Dynamic instances of a User created Class?

davidgenrich ,

It looks like you are my savior. If you could, would you please e-mail the code to me at blacst@ncs.com . I can take a closer look at it.

Thanks

Steven

------------------