User Tag List

Thread: ActiveX problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ActiveX problem

System freezes up when running a Silk 5.0.1 script using NT with IE4 (also occurs with IE5). The script automatically fills in an enrollment form and submits it. An ActiveX dialog box appears and the script clicks OK. The problem is that there is a second ActiveX dialog box that is supposed to appear where the first appeared, but the system freezes (I can't even use the mouse) before it appears. I have to [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] The dialog box then appears and the mouse works again. This doesn't occur when I complete the enrollment form manually, and doesn't occur with the JavaScript dialog boxes using Communicator. I do have ActiveX enabled in the Extensions for IE. Has anyone seen a problem like this or have any ideas how I can get around it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ActiveX problem

We are getting a similar problem again with the new beta of our software. Silktest is overwriting menu definitions in the application and causing a hang.

I have a theory that it has to do with the prefixing of "~ActiveApp" to the window caption. Removing "~ActiveApp" fixed the problem, but there are still other things happening that make me think maybe it is just something else that is now getting overwritten.

There might be a bad interaction between "~ActiveApp" and the VB/ActiveX extensions.

Do you use the "~ActiveApp" prefix in any of your window captions ?
    If so, does deleting this prefix solve your problem ?

Please let me know,

------------------