User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looping through records

Hello all,
    I have a database filled with profiles to be entered into an application. I can read the data through SQL in a testcase, and loop through each record. The disadvantage of this, however, is if one entry fails, the testcase fails and the remaining records will not be entered.

What I need is to loop through the records. Validate the entry and results. If there is an error, log it and proceed to the next record. How can I do this?

Thank you,

Patrick Briand

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Looping through records

Is the error an error you are raising in the event the verification isn't as expected? Or is SilkTest raising an error? If SilkTest is raising the error, try wrapping your verification in a do/except. in the except put in a LogError to log the error to the results file.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Thanks for your input, however I have over 100 fields to verify. It would actually save more time for me to simply have that particular scenario/testcase fail and then proceed with the next scenario entry. Can I loop a testcase? If I could do this, I can define the variables, run the testcase X times, log the failures and have the results I need.

Thanks,

Patrick Briand
    Compu-Quote Inc.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Just put a loop around the testcase in the 'main()' function of your .t file

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The do...Except will be the best choice for this problem rather than looping.........

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, the Do... Except... is a better choice.

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 02-06-2002).]