SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undeclaring Done Using Dialog Boxes

I have a Java App. that havs thousands of Dialog boxes, and I am using SilkTest 5.5

I declared most of these boxes for use in my scripts. I am afraid that if I keep on declaring more boxes, I eventually run out of memory.

Could someone tell me how to undeclare some of the dialog boxes that I don't have the need for anymore in the latter part of my scripts.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Undeclaring Done Using Dialog Boxes

You highlight/select those declarations you don't need and press the Delete key.

For saving space/lines of codes, check out the use of winclass declaration from the Online Help. This could very well get rid of many of your Dialog Box declarations!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I missed something -- how would that help me.

I have thousands of dialog boxes and each contain different objects - some have tables, some have push buttons & check boxes, popup list , ....

Some have all the above.

Currently, I am using the Record Windows Dec. in the menu to capture most of these.

If you have a better way, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I find it more useful to have my scripts be able to identify which dialog it is seeing, which is why I commented out the MessageBox declaration and have declared all my dialogs.
    I have never encountered any memory problems with this approach, and have many hundreds of different window declarations (though not quite thousands I think).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by QMAN:
    Maybe I missed something -- how would that help me.

I have thousands of dialog boxes and each contain different objects - some have tables, some have push buttons & check boxes, popup list , ....

Some have all the above.

Currently, I am using the Record Windows Dec. in the menu to capture most of these.

If you have a better way, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your original question is about getting rid of declarations you no longer need. So, the suggestion I made was to Delete these unneeded declarations.

Your application may have thousands of dialog boxes but, I'm pretty sure some or many of these dialog boxes have similar objects in them. By using the winclass declarations, you'll be able to cut down the lines of code you have since similar objects only have to be defined/declared once.

------------------