SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

message/dialog box solution

i noticed many postings for problems with message/dialog box popups -- this is the solution i have been succesfully utilizing: 1. uninstall your browser if possible (ie will place you back to previous version if uninstall is disabled). 2. re-install browser and set all security to high. 3. Now (bear with me!) navigate your site and record declarations for every unique message/dialog box that appears. paste to frame. 4. now, record a generic test navigating your site and select "yes" rather that "do not show..." for each box. now, you have a script with instances of boxes appearing and an action being taken: so, rather than use the memory hogging SetTrap method, simply adjust each test you record by adding the code (example follows) for the message/dialog box you suspect and/or know may popup as the last lines before the next SetActive.

example:

if the code isnt clear i apologize -- my first attempt at UBB.

------------------

[This message has been edited by christian@ambell.com (edited 12-02-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: message/dialog box solution

i forgot to mention -- if your normal preferences for browser security are NOT high for everything, dont forget to set the security settings back to your preferences!!! this is a one-time intended only to invoke a dialog/messabe box at every page. let me know if this works for you.
    p.s. i got an email asking "why the uninstall?" well, here is half the answer and the other half will have to be supplied by a microsoft/or etc. browser developer. i am assuming you have navigated your own site a bit and may have already requested the dialog boxes not be shown again. clearing the cache does not reverse this in most instances. regrettably i am not a c++/win developer so why that is i can't say exactly. but i was advised by segue tech that the best way to clear all preferences set within the browser was an uninstall (msn tech said the same thing). again, one time only and if you have several computers the uninstall may not be a big deal -- THIS IS FOR MS INTERNET EXPLORER -- i dont use any other browsers but i suspect the testing code will remain the same. bon-appetite!