SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silk gets confused between wind ow declarations...

Hi All, just wondering if anybody has come across the problem of silktest getting confused when using window declarions.
    I am running a testcase and I have a window declared in silktest and another window I am getting at runtime.

Silktest will replace the info of the window\control I get at runtime with the window\control delclared thus failing my testcase. This is very annoying!!

In my example. I have a listbox that I get the info for during the execution of the testcase. I have a function that will search the window for this listbox control..once it is found it will then perform the actions that the user wants it to do in the testcases(select an item or find an item, etc.)

That was all working fine until I declared a custom control that contains a editbox control. Now when I run the testcase silktest will use this window decl. and now my testcase will fail because it can't find the listbox!!

very fustrating!

Is this a bug in silktest???

has anybody come across anything similar??

any help would be appreciated,
    thanks in advance,
    james

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: silk gets confused between wind ow declarations...

When resolving windows at runtime, SilkTest searches for the first match, then when it finds it, it stops looking. So it's sounding like you need to tighten up your tagging scheme so it's more specific.

You indicated that one of your controls was a listbox, and I assume that it is a standard listbox and declared as such. But you did not indicate how you had tagged your custom control or your "editbox."

Try embedding the class information into your tag to make it more specific:
    "[MY_CLASS]$303"
    See record - window declarations for the class information you need.

Also, are you using #-style ids, or $-style ids? $ is always better if you can use it -- the # tags are far from unique and they do slither around quite a bit.

And, as a test, with the .inc file containing your declaration compiled and on the screen in front of you, use record - identifiers and point to the window in question. Does it resolve to the name you assigned in your declaration? If not, your tag is wrong.

AG

------------------