SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

InvokeJava() failure

I am attempting without success to use the SilkTest's InvokeJava() functionality to test a standard Java control (JTable, which SilkTest sees as JavaJFCTable).

System is running SilkTest v5.01 on an NT WS v4.0 sp5 machine. Java class is written in Borland JBuilder v3.00, and uses JDK v1.2.2.

I have followed the online help to the letter, but still receive the return values {FALSE, Class not loaded: JTableGetColumnName} when I call JavaInvoke(). JTableGetColumnName is the name of the class that I wrote in Java, which the InvokeJava() method is supposed to load and execute. I have verified that the method that I am trying to access on the control is visible (seen by record class function).

I understand that there is no need for me to use InvokeJava on a standard supported control, since SilkTest already supplies that functionailty. The reason for doing so is because the method failed on the custom control as well, so to minimize the variables involved, I am experimenting on a standard control.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge concerning InvokeJava? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: InvokeJava() failure

It sounds like your class (JTableGetColumnName) is not located in the classpath of the JVM.
    Bret Pettichord
    Book - www.testinglessons.com
    Hotlist - www.testinghotlist.com
    Consulting - www.pettichord.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: InvokeJava() failure

Thanks for the reply.

You are right. Because the application under test is currently being launched from a .bat file, the System properties environment setting for the classpath (which was where I was setting it) did not apply. I added the path to my .class file (without the .class filename itself) to the startup parameters of the java.exe statement in the batchfile, and that did the trick.

Seems pretty obvious in hindsight.