SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    InvokeJava() failure

    I am attempting without success to use the SilkTest's InvokeJava() functionality to test a standard Java control (JTable, which SilkTest sees as JavaJFCTable).

    System is running SilkTest v5.01 on an NT WS v4.0 sp5 machine. Java class is written in Borland JBuilder v3.00, and uses JDK v1.2.2.

    I have followed the online help to the letter, but still receive the return values {FALSE, Class not loaded: JTableGetColumnName} when I call JavaInvoke(). JTableGetColumnName is the name of the class that I wrote in Java, which the InvokeJava() method is supposed to load and execute. I have verified that the method that I am trying to access on the control is visible (seen by record class function).

    I understand that there is no need for me to use InvokeJava on a standard supported control, since SilkTest already supplies that functionailty. The reason for doing so is because the method failed on the custom control as well, so to minimize the variables involved, I am experimenting on a standard control.

    Anyone have any experience or knowledge concerning InvokeJava? Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: InvokeJava() failure

    It sounds like your class (JTableGetColumnName) is not located in the classpath of the JVM.
    Bret Pettichord
    Book - www.testinglessons.com
    Hotlist - www.testinghotlist.com
    Consulting - www.pettichord.com

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: InvokeJava() failure

    Thanks for the reply.

    You are right. Because the application under test is currently being launched from a .bat file, the System properties environment setting for the classpath (which was where I was setting it) did not apply. I added the path to my .class file (without the .class filename itself) to the startup parameters of the java.exe statement in the batchfile, and that did the trick.

    Seems pretty obvious in hindsight.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.