User Tag List

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Silk Install : Click () Problem

We have been currently running Silk 5.0 on Win 95 for three months without any major problems (just a glitch now and then ). Our testing group are getting new workstations(450mhz/128RAM vs 200/64). We have installed Silk 5.0 on these new workstations and now our currently working scripts now longer work on the new workstations. The only problem I can find is when Silk goes to Click(). I see when Silk moves the cursor to the pushbutton, then Silk then tries to perform an action of the window below the first window/box. The results says one window is not active because another window was active. It appears that the box is not actually closed when doing Click(). This appears to happen with all push buttons\close boxes in any script that I try. I have also checked all my setting\options and partner.ini file and cannot find a difference.
    Sometimes when I am quick enough, I can "help" Silk, when the cursor moves to the cursor - I click the mouse button, then Silk runs the script. I have tried multiple installs, and the problem keeps occurring. Does someone have an idea? Thanks.

------------------
    Lorne Cameron
    Quality Software Engineer
    School Employees Retirement Sytem
    lorne_sers@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by lojeca (edited 12-01-1999).]

[This message has been edited by lojeca (edited 12-01-1999).]

jb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Silk Install : Click () Problem

You could try slowing things down a bit :-) Under Options/Agent/Timing, put a keyboard and mouse event delay. You could start by setting it small to something like 0.01 sec and if that doesn't work, try increasing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i did I wrote a loop:
    []while(window.Exists())
    window.pushbutton.Click()
    sleep(0.1)
    maybe it's not a right solution but it worked.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried both suggestions, and it does not appear to fix the problem. If someone else has a suggestion, that would be greatly appreciated.

hi,
    This some times happen when the agent timing are not in conjuction with
    the
    response time of the application.
    Below are few methods that you can try:

1. You can set the agent timeout options in agentOption dialog box

2.You can have your code modified as given below

if (Window.Exists(time in seconds))

The "time in seconds" is a parameter which you can pass to the Exists().
    This will help silk to work in conjunction with the application under
    test.

3. You can also explicitly activate the window in your code as shown
    below
    if (Window.Exists(time in seconds))
    Window.SetActive()

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks
    -Vivek

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is an older topic but we have run into this problem also.
    We have tracked it down to the scroll mouse installed on the machine. It appears when you activate the settings to utilize the scrolling capabilities the Click() function in Silk no longer works.
    The only way we can get it to work is to either use a generic mouse driver or change the settings on the scroll mouse so the scrolling function does not work. Once we have done that, we have to uninstall/reinstall SilkTest.
    If you have found another solution I would appreciate the knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tworks,

I have scrollpoint mouses on most of my test machines and have no problem. I have had the same problems on varying identical machines with different OS/Software setups. It has always been a timing issue. There are two things you must tak into consideration with Silktest Agent timing. One is how fast it repeats or moves on to the next physical action (eg, Mouse Clicks, Keyboard Entries, Set Actives and Gets) and the other is the timing involved with finding a window and its' state (It may be there, but can it be manipulated?). Sometimes Silk knows an object exists, but can't perform a physical action on it because it is being masked by something or its' contents have not been fully built. In other words, on fast machins silk will get ahead of itself.

Keep monkeying with the Agent timing until it runs smoothly, write those timings down and use them as baselines on future installs for the same machines. The timing may change frome build to build depending on changes in the machines response.

I hope this helps.